New Traditions

There's something about being apart of something that makes me feel special. Having traditions with family, and friends is nostalgia on repeat! When I was younger my mom would take my siblings and I to go buy a real tree, and then we would all decorate the tree together. We made cut out Christmas shaped sugar cookies, and candy cane ornaments every year! As corny as it sounds Every time December came around, I got excited to feel that warm cozy feeling! Once my mom left the US, and remarried when I was 8, we didn’t have Christmas anymore. Each year came, and it didn’t feel good that we weren’t doing anything at all. It just became another day, which sucked because I loved everything about Christmas time. 


So this year I’m getting festive for the first time! Now that My boyfriend and I have our own place together, I want everybody to feel good when they walk through the door! So I put together some stockings, for my boyfriend and our friends, decorated the tree of course, put up some lights around the windows, hand made some holiday decor, and made my very own magical holiday! I got all my ideas from Pinterest, and the house looks great! Instead of being disappointed on all the lost time; I decided to start my own traditions to look forward too! I think it’s important for us to be the creators of our own happiness. Starting your own traditions is the best way to spread love. So take advantage of any opportunity that will make  feel good inside! I found all my holiday decorations at Walmart, and they were very inexpensive! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OCEAN

Gypsy Chronicles: She

Mirror