Mirror

I found everything I loved about you already inside me. It was always there patiently waiting for me to love what I already had and was searching for in someone else. I saw so much of me inside you. You helped me find the rare pieces of me that I was unfamiliar with, but yearned to get to know. I searched for the love you may have left behind in me, because I knew that was the only way to hold on to the sweet memory of what we shared. It was the only way to remember how to smile with you no longer around. Remembering how to love myself the way you once loved me was the only way I could let you go without searching for you to return. You are the mirror image of love and you reflect right into my soul, teaching me how to mirror your love and receive what I have always been missing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OCEAN

The Chase