Gypsy Chronicles: Benji

I told him not to bring that girl. Mason was smart but he had a soft spot for Liberty, shit I think everyone did. She was the kind of woman that had it all, they were the perfect team, both authentic, both risk takers; they made perfect sense. Love will have you making the wrong decisions because you find yourself in a phase of compromise. I think the best decision was for him to send for Liberty after we finished the job, but nobody can tell him nothing once his mind is made up.  Liberty never seen or knew the side Mason that we knew and I didn’t know if she was ready to be exposed to a world like this! There’s a lot of good woman out there that aren’t ready to put their emotions to the side and handle business! He had faith that Liberty lived for spontaneous moments enough to accept all of us for who we were, and become apart of the family. That alone is a big risk to take; I wasn’t ready to let anyone else in, because I wanted us to keep a low profile. You just never really know who you can trust, and that comes with the territory. We arrived at the best hotel in New York City right on time. If it’s one thing about me is I stay on schedule and I make sure everybody keeps their head in the game. I don’t skip a beat, I think, I plan, I execute. Mason has been a brother to me since we were kids; we grew up together, struggled together and started our first business together. There was no Benji with out Mason I kept everything in line. We checked in to the hotel and went straight up to the top floor where we belonged. It was a penthouse or no house, we did everything in style and we lived like the Kings we were. The guys and I settled in and went straight to the drawing board. Mason would be here in a couple days; He decided to go back for Liberty, so while he took a couple days to live out his fantasies with her, I started getting everything in order. I scheduled dinner reservations for all of us at the best restaurant in the city so we can all sit down and talk to Liberty about who we really are. I didn’t want her to be here because I cared about her, but if she was going to be apart of the family we had to do it the right way,  with great food, and the best champagne on the menu! I was nervous she was going to be so furious that we kept so much from her for so long, that she would walk out on us during dinner. I had to remind myself if Mason believed in her then I was willing to take the risk. If all goes well we’ll all be making a toast to our new lives together tonight, so I prepared a speech and wished for the best! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OCEAN

Gypsy Chronicles: She

Mirror