Gypsy Chronicles: Liberty

We rode for hours in his 1967 red convertible and it felt like time didn’t move one second. We enjoyed every moment surrounding us, with love and laughter. The wind blew through our hair, as the radio played our favorite songs while we drove into the sunset high off mushrooms. We drifted away into the night sky as we let our adventure take the wheel. I was his soft spot and he was mine. We both knew it, we both loved and embraced the fun we could make out of it. I loved taking risks, doing new things, dancing when everyone else was standing still. You could see the rush of excitement I had in every smile and could hear the thrill in every laugh that burst out of my soul ready for more! He loved that about me; it went well with my tall slim frame, sun-kissed skin, honey brown eyes and golden loose curls. We sang until the stars became our audience and we finally pulled over. We let the stars watch us make love until we fell asleep. We put our adventure on hold for the night until the sun welcomed us to a new day. 


It was 1998 when we left my hometown and never looked back. Mason never explained to me what happen or why he had to leave and I never asked him too. I was ready to go where the wind blew me, living with no restrictions or labels of living an American dream because that was never my thing! I just wanted to breathe the open air, and make a memorable moment where ever my feet decided to wander. Young wild and free, that’s why everyone called me Liberty

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OCEAN

Gypsy Chronicles: She

Mirror