Gypsy Chronicles: The Gypsies

Mason: Dinner reservation under Mason please.

Hostess: Welcome back, Mason your party just arrived, right this way sir.

Liberty had no idea what was going on. As much as she loved me, apart of me was concerned she would walk out of my life forever tonight. I was willing to take the risk for Lib, and hope she would still love me for me. We approached the table and her eyes got enormous at the site of all my friends in front of us at the dinner table. "Benji? OH MY GOSH what are all of you guys doing here! THIS IS AMAZ.. okay I'm not accepting anymore surprises tonight!” She laughed nervously as she looked around trying to process why she was standing in front of Mason and all his friends in New York City. "please have a seat Liberty, lets eat, you must be starving after that drive" Benji interrupted as he noticed Mason freeze up for a second. Liberty smirked and politely sat down as the night began with appetizers. As the server started pouring our glasses of champagne Benji decided to get right to it and waste no more time. He was ready to speak our truth " I know you're probably asking yourself a lot of questions, and I've never been the type to sugar coat shit so I'm just going to tell you exactly what it is." Liberty took her eyes off of Benji to take a sip of her champagne and then she leaned forward and and gave him that fearless stare I love so much. " We're Gypsies." Benji said with a nonchalant attitude that left silence in the air for the longest 15 seconds of my life. Liberty giggled and looked around noticing nobody else was laughing with her. " you're what?..." She looked at Mason as he adjusted himself in his seat, quickly looking at Benji to explain what he just said. " We are everything anyone wishes their wildest dreams to be like. We travel the world and make the best of the best places our homes. We live free, and we live in style, we get hired by antiquity dealers in black market to track down the most priceless artifacts and heirlooms located in museums and we take them. Every successful job gets us enough money to live however we want as a family. For those reasons we trust no one. Our lives are kept private leaving locals in new towns just like yours to make up rumors of who they think we are but nobody will ever really know. We don't exist in the real world,and that is why we are who we are, and we take what we want, in order to live how we want. This family will never have a permanent place to call home. If we traveled to a new city its because that destination has something we want, and we're ready to make it disappear from the regular world. Liberty I know you've heard rumors about us and what we do when we're out of town, but the only thing true is what I'm telling you right now at this dinner table. We don't rob banks, no we're not Killers, but we are a threat to society. We came to New York to take an artifact in the Metropolitan Museum of Art and once we get it, we're leaving to our next destination with or without you and no longer coming back. I can answer as many questions you have for us but first Liberty I have to ask you, will you be joining this family tonight? or would you like to be sent back home tonight?" Benji left it all on the table for her. The Gypsies stared at Liberty as she stared back at every single one of us with confidence. This was the first time I seen Liberty look like she had to consider something it made me nervous. The woman I loved always answered everything with an impulsive yes. She was too much of a curious soul to have a "what if" thought lingering in the back of her head. That was one of the main reasons I fell in love with her. She was the most gentle looking bad ass any King like me could ever ask for. Her poker face and intense stare had me questioning my certainty for the very first time ever in my life. She sat forward and opened her mouth to speak but abruptly interrupted by this crazy woman that was running toward our table screaming out Liberty's real name. "ELIZABETH!.. ELIZABETH! ARE YOU CRAZY? HOW COULD YOU JUST TAKE OFF WITH THIS KILLER OF A MAN? Once she got close enough I realized it was Salma, Liberty's obsessive best friend. Why am I not surprised she did her own private investigation and tracked down her BFF to "make sure she didn't make a mistake". I wasn't going to sit there and watch them have a dramatic girls fight during this important moment, so I decided to stand up and interfere. "Hold on Salma I understand you're upset and you want to have a girls moment with your best friend but this is not a good time!... I'm more blown away that your safe and scary ass had the guts to even find and track us down to our exact destination." I took a deep breath and knew I was going to be sorry for this later but I was annoyed and also impressed at the same time, so I had a soft moment and I reacted. "After everything Benji just said Liberty, If you want to bring Salma too, we accept her." I said that hoping it would smooth back out the moment and the night could win in our favor. Liberty looked speechless and those beautiful eyes pierced every single one of us as she looked around. She looked at Salma last with an appreciated smirk. I felt Benji look over at me, but my eyes were completely locked on Liberty in that chair, I was trying to read how she was feeling, but I wasn't sure. I knew at that moment the night was going to begin or possibly come to an end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OCEAN

Gypsy Chronicles: She

Mirror